The Proofreader should possess the following skills:
Will Consider Applicants With The Following Skill Set
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or mass communication, or at 2 years of experience proofreading or editing written content.
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices, procedures, and concept
- Work closely with the author
- Able to maintain a good working relationship with the author’s support system, i.e. marketing personnel, graphics artists, other editorial assistants, production team, manager/publisher, etc.
- Attend meetings concerning the book as required by the author or authorized representative of Newford LLC and their partners
- Exceptional verbal communication and listening skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to provide a portfolio of work
- An Associate’s degree in English, journalism, or mass communication or in a related field with at least a year of editorial experience
- Track record of work/project history